Star Wars Battlefront Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For SWBF2 players to Compete.

Portal*HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Eskkeettiiiiiiiiit
EU vs US - Battle EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 4:52 pm by {LSJ}$$PIMP$$

» We have Moved
EU vs US - Battle EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm by Mike

» {DL} Application
EU vs US - Battle EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm by {BOT}Fett_131

» FoF Looking for members
EU vs US - Battle EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 pm by starseeker

» ROR Christmas 3v3 death match tournament
EU vs US - Battle EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 am by PyroJockey

» Top 5 Trolls
EU vs US - Battle EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 pm by Machaon

» Fantasy Football?
EU vs US - Battle EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:47 pm by ScoUt

» Madden 12 league (Xbox 360)
EU vs US - Battle EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm by crapgamer

» PL4GUE's App
EU vs US - Battle EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 am by PL4GUE

EU vs US - Battle

Go down 
+5
-Draco-
Mike
{Delta}
jesus_esp
LSJKratos
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks to the region mod, European players and US players can play together now. So, what has been brought to my attention by Destroyer*, is that a battle between EU's best and US' best would be pretty friggen awesome.

The main problem so far is how to split host. Quote from one of my other posts...

LSJKratos wrote:

And we're trying to figure out a system of how Euro clans can go up against US clans currently. The main thing is how we split host for a match. As one of you guys brought up, do two(two in a Euro server, and two in a US server). However, if it goes 2-2, then it'll need a tiebreaker. So what we could possibly do is another two maps for overtime if a match goes 2-2(one in US, and one in an EU server) and hope that one side prevails. Then keep repeating that process until one clan comes out on-top. Give us any ideas you've got for this trying matter.

Anyone who has any other ideas of how to go about hosting matches between the EU and US, post them here.

Other problems are...

~GCW only rule the US has. EU would prefer to have Clone wars as a part of matches.
~CTF. EU players are very fond of it contrary to some clans on the BFC. Though I'm sure as long as it isn't Geo 2 flag or something like that, it'll be fine. They seem to prefer actual legit CTF maps like Mos, Mustafar, DS, ect.
~Specials as well I believe. If it's a larger battle, then specials wouldn't be that bad imo. 4v4 or lower should definitely stay away from specials though.
(if I missed anything or got anything wrong, bring it to our attention.)

I want to set up a system not only for a battle between EU and US' best, but also a system for US clans to go up against EU clans. So everybody, give me some feed-back on this.

EU how big do you guys think you can go for an all-out battle with the US?

Last edited by LSJKratos on Sat May 21, 2011 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jesus_esp

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:21 am

http://s1.zetaboards.com/ld_squad/topic/4260613/1/#new
Here is our General Gameplay Treaty Smile we don't talk about maps or chosen units there... xD

*Coppied from LDS Site*
This treaty applies to the following clans/teams:

[big]- Legendary Delta Squad =LDS=
- Remains of Republic [RoR]
- Soldiers of Future [SoF]
- Federation of Engineers |FoE|
- Masters of Sniper |MoS|
- Scions of Hades ]-[
[/big]

The rules in this treaty apply when:
- You are playing in a server owned by any of the above mentioned clans.
That means that, if you are playing in any clan owned server, for example "=LDS= Ultimate", you will have to follow the rules in this treaty, no matter if you are a member of one of these clans or not.
- You are playing in a clan match between the above mentioned clans.
That means that, if you are a member of one of the listed clans, for example FoE, and you are playing a clan match against one of the listed clans, for example LDS, you will have to follow the rules in this treaty.

[big]IF YOU BREAK ANY OF THE RULES IN THIS TREATY, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM ALL CLAN SERVERS FOR A SPECIFIED PERIOD, VARYING FROM ONE WEEK TO A PERMANENT BAN.

IF YOU BREAK THE RULES WHEN PLAYING A CLAN MATCH, YOUR TEAM IS NOT ALLOWED TO REPLACE YOU, AND WILL THEREFORE HAVE TO PLAY WITH ONE MAN LESS.
[/big]

---------------------------------------------------------------

[big]Border-Walking [/big]- Allowed
Border-walking is walking across the pillars' borders in the centre area of Death Star.
EU vs US - Battle Sub-border

[big]Droideka Window Jumping [/big]- Allowed
Droideka window jumping is jumping through the open gap at the Republic's main base, close to the scoring area on Death Star CTF.
EU vs US - Battle Sub-droide

[big]Flag Flying [/big]- Allowed
Flag flying is flying with the Dark Trooper or Jet Trooper whilst holding a flag.

[big]Respawn Fast Shoot [/big]- Disallowed
When you respawn the unit you get some seconds of invencibility and you can shoot again.

[big]Teamkill[/big] - Disallowed
When you kill someone from your own team on purpose.

[big]Mustafar Flying-Shortcut to Flag [/big]- Allowed
The Mustafar Flying-Shortcut to flag is a route that can be taken by Jet Troopers or Dark Troopers, which goes around the normal "walking" area's of the map.
EU vs US - Battle Sub_musta

[big]Speed-of-Light Detpacks [/big]- Disallowed
Speed-of-Light detpacks are detpacks thrown in such a way, that they have the speed of light and can reach any place you are aiming for, no matter how far up or how far away. This is NOT the normal detpack throwing.
EU vs US - Battle Sub_speed

[big]Wall Glitching [/big]- Disallowed
Wall glitching is the going through walls with units or shooting through walls.

[big]Spawn Glitch [/big]- Allowed
At the start of each map, there is a warm-up timer. You can't spawn until this reaches 0. HOWEVER, if you wait until the timer gets to 0, and click X just as the 0 disappears, your spawn timer will be on 1, and you'll spawn straight away. So basically... click X to spawn just before the 0 on the warm-up timer disappears. Try it out, and you'll see what I mean.

Please, do NOT do disallowed things
Thank you
//LDS's Management Team

*Coppied from LDS Site*
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:38 am

Hello to the EU players. I personally do not play SWBF2 anymore, but I set this site up 4 years ago for SWBF2 players to compete back when I did. We do not use special units on the US side. However, if we can get a 6v6 we can hammer out something when you have to use a grunt/sniper to unlock a certain special class. Also, clone wars is a very unfair era due to the lag of hitting the CIS along with the unbalance of the super battle driod to the clone grunt. Obviously we are willing to negociate things. I look forward to any of the EU clans wishing to battle on the BFC and we would come up with some fair system for hosting.

To the US players - I think a group of staff should select a roster to do an EU vs. US battle.
Back to top Go down
http://bfc.forumwise.com
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:41 am

{Delta} wrote:
Hello to the EU players. I personally do not play SWBF2 anymore, but I set this site up 4 years ago for SWBF2 players to compete back when I did. We do not use special units on the US side. However, if we can get a 6v6 we can hammer out something when you have to use a grunt/sniper to unlock a certain special class. Also, clone wars is a very unfair era due to the lag of hitting the CIS along with the unbalance of the super battle driod to the clone grunt. Obviously we are willing to negociate things. I look forward to any of the EU clans wishing to battle on the BFC and we would come up with some fair system for hosting.

To the US players - I think a group of staff should select a roster to do an EU vs. US battle.

Agreed with the staff team deciding the team for the US. Will make deciding a lot easier. EU how big do you guys think you could go? 6v6? 7v7? 8v8? No more than eight vs eight though. After-all, it's going to be laggy due to the distance between us already.

EU rules and US rules are the same for the most part, just different lingo. Only thing that stuck out was flying with the flag. lol.

Also, a super-pistol rule is one we have here that you didn't have. (Switching between pistol and blaster rapidly while firing in order to increase firing speed.)
Back to top Go down
Mike
Mike

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:37 pm

One more big thing guys, they don't have class restrictions in their clan matches. I'm sure we can work something out though.
Back to top Go down
-Draco-
-Draco-

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:42 pm

how does that speed of light detpack thing work? im very intrigued about that...
Back to top Go down
Mike
Mike

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Yea, thats known as the super detpack glitch in the USA. I know about it, but I still have no idea how to do it! And no one will tell me! Lol.

Also Delta what did you mean by, "lag of hitting the CIS"?

I always thought it was just because of the Super Battle Droid having the tri-shot that we don't do clone wars.
Back to top Go down
KillaK

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 4:15 pm

Well I was thinking of doing it like the World Cup Qualifying Matches in Soccer. Each team plays at each other's home. If they each win at their home, than the u look at the goal (map) differential as the first tiebreaker. If its even, than I think its just sudden death.

For example, FEAR faces LDS
First match is played in FEAR server: FEAR wins 3-0
Second match is played in LDS server: LDS wins 3-1
So the Battle Record would be 1-1
The Map Record would be 4-3 in favor of FEAR.

If u lengthen the battles to like 7 Maps, than it might reduce the likelihood of a tie.

Also, the Europeans play the entire match, no matter what the score is. So in a 5 map battle, they might win 5-0, instead of just 3-0.
So this also has to be agreed upon....
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Only play until it's clenched. Due to the point-system we have currently resides on that rule. If a clan wins 3-0, usually they have a hard time of taking the rest of the battle seriously(even when they are rewarded with more points for winning 5-0). Though increasing the number of maps to seven is a possibility.
Back to top Go down
KillaK

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:25 pm

yea so you would play 2 5-map battles, each clan hosting one.

Winner is determined first by battle record. If tied, than by map record.

So than if its something like the example above with FEAR and LDS,

FEAR would be credited with the 2 victory points, plus 4 map points.
LDS would be credited with the 3 map points.

Sudden death could simply just be a 1-and-1. Kinda like a penalty shoot out. Each team chooses a map to host in their server. If each win one map, they do it again(using different maps if they so choose.)...

Idk, it seems easy i think...

I would try some scrims out first, or mock battles, or whatever......
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:50 am

What do EU players think of the idea of playing a 2 maps in a US server, 2 maps in a EU server and if tied, you continue to play 1 map in each server until someone wins?

If the game goes tied 2-2, no matter who finally wins the match, it would be scored as 3-2.
Back to top Go down
Phantom

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:02 am

I think that would be good.
I've talked to the other EU Leaders about an EU vs US, we can organise it now. Just talk to me in chat, I'll be here tonight.
For matches between EU and US we thought of approach the rules. That could mean we won't allow specials but also play CTF maps, disallow flagflying and won't set strict teams (1 Rocket, 1 Engineer, 1Sniper etc.)
For the first match we thought about a 7 vs 7, all over that would be too big we think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ror-clan.tk
[SoF]Viddy

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: EU vs US   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Yes, me and Phantom and Jesus have sorted out the EU team. We can easily play a 7 v 7, I think 8 v 8 would be too big and there would be more lag. About the rules, I think we should make an Intercontinental Treaty, instead of deciding rules everytime there is a scrim or battle. For the best of EU vs the best of US, we agreed the rules that Phantom said in the above post, but what do you think in US? We have our 7 Players, I hope you will get yours and I hope it will be a good battle, as Phantom said, he will be in chatboxes tonight so talk to him to decide maps etc. We were thinking that we would have the event this Friday. I agree with Killak about the rules in case of a tie. Each region should maybe replay the last map on their server, and whoever wins 2-0 wins, otherwise do it again.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:26 pm

For EU vs. US All-Stars, I think Killak's idea of two best of 5 matches, team with best overall map record wins is best. But for clans, I like the one Kratos and I came up with - 2 maps in each server, then keep playing 1 in each until someone ones both to keep scoring consistant.

I'm looking through your rules, I see two major rule differences and another minor one.

1. We do not allow Clone Wars fighting. The CIS side is strengthed by both lag (it is harder to kill a driod than clone, this has been proven) and the Super Battle Driod.
2. We play class specific fights to avoid a whoring of specials, rockets, and engineers. Specials are generally not allowed at all, though in large matches 1 player sometimes is allowed to "unlock" a mortar class (Imp officer/Wookie) using the grunt/sniper classes only (they may rotate between the three classes but may never use engineer or rocket).
3. We do not allow "spawn jumping" as we call it. Or sneaking in before the warm-up timer. We see it as a glitch in the game and detracts from skill determining the clan battle (if one side jumps everyone, and the other side can only spawn jump a couple on a map like Tantive, the map could be over quick).
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Nemo
Cpt. Nemo

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:54 pm

Hello.

Just to make a point: Shouldn't you directly make 3 maps on each server?
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:57 pm

We typically do best of 5 battles. In the first two years of SWBF2, clans did a best-of-7 series, but it got change to best-of-5 to cut down on time a little.
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Yes we will need class restrictions. But give us a general idea of class restrictions that you'd want so we know what we're working with here...

But yeah two best OF five map battles for EU vs US. One in the EU server, and the other in the US server. Then if one side won in one server, and the other side won in the other server... then it'll go to whoever won more maps in the series.

https://swbfc.forumotion.com/t146-us-vs-eu-match-1#846

First match(EU Server hosted)
{US}Tantive Conquest - {EU}Faction
{EU}Map - {US}Faction
{US}Poliss Massa Conquest - {EU}Faction
{EU}Map - {US}Faction
{US}Naboo Conquest - {EU}Faction

Second match(US Server hosted)
{EU}Map - {US}Faction
{US}Mos Eisely Conquest - {EU}Faction
{EU}Map - {US}Faction
{US}Courscant Conquest - {EU}Faction
{EU}Map - {US}Faction

https://swbfc.forumotion.com/t146-us-vs-eu-match-1#846

Last edited by LSJKratos on Sun May 22, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Kratos post this in the forum I made for it!
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Nemo
Cpt. Nemo

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Wait, 10 maps?

So, didnt anyone say it's two maps on each server, and then on each server another map , which one team has to decide for itself in a row?

10 maps would be lasting approx. 3-4 hours :/.
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Negociations for an EU vs US battle have been moved here... https://swbfc.forumotion.com/t146-us-vs-eu-match-1#850

This topic HERE(the one you're currently at, not the one I linked) will still be use to discuss a system for EU and US clans to fight each-other... Which is the same as a treaty.

and we can easily do one match one night, then the other match another night. They will be two separate matches after-all basically.

Last edited by LSJKratos on Sun May 22, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Nemo
Cpt. Nemo

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Non-clan guys also welcomed there?
Back to top Go down
KillaK

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 3:42 pm

Non-clan players are welcome in the EU vs US battles. You may use any European player u want for them.

In the clan matches, such as RoR vs LSJ, you can only use the players in that clan.

So, if it was RoR vs LSJ, only players that are in the RoR and LSJ clans may compete.
Back to top Go down
Cpt. Nemo
Cpt. Nemo

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Was obvious, we're not that different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EU vs US - Battle Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU vs US - Battle   EU vs US - Battle Empty

Back to top Go down

EU vs US - Battle
Page 1 of 1