Star Wars Battlefront Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For SWBF2 players to Compete.

Portal*HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Eskkeettiiiiiiiiit
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 4:52 pm by {LSJ}$$PIMP$$

» We have Moved
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm by Mike

» {DL} Application
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm by {BOT}Fett_131

» FoF Looking for members
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 pm by starseeker

» ROR Christmas 3v3 death match tournament
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 am by PyroJockey

» Top 5 Trolls
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 pm by Machaon

» Fantasy Football?
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:47 pm by ScoUt

» Madden 12 league (Xbox 360)
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm by crapgamer

» PL4GUE's App
=Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 am by PL4GUE

=Minor rules suggestions=

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mandalore
Mandalore

=Minor rules suggestions= Empty
PostSubject: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:39 pm

I want to know when will be the time limit for register a clan for the BFC. In that way, it will prevent some random clans joining the BFC when we already started.

I suggest a limit of how many battles you can get per week. Example 7 per week. In this way, we will control the chances of all clans to get a high score.

Agree? Disagree? Comments?
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm

There will be no dead-line on registration. However, a limit on battles per week may be doable.

Seven battles is the number you're recommending, correct? Or is there another certain number that you have in mind.
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 8:54 pm

LSJKratos wrote:
There will be no dead-line on registration. However, a limit on battles per week may be doable.

Seven battles is the number you're recommending, correct? Or is there another certain number that you have in mind.

Putting a dead-line for registration will control who is participating in the BFC or not. It will prevent some random clans that could appear during the mid-season. Also, is very unfair to see a new clan that appeared from nothing register for BFC and reaching the semi-finals. Lets prevent random clans that only appears for BFC and the most of them are ex-members of the current clans that are participating in the ladder.

Why seven? One battle per day is a good number. In that way, all clans have the same chance to reach the highest score per week. Otherwise, it will be unfair.

Thanks for your consideration.
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 pm

One battle per day is the same as seven a week. lol. Not one per day because certain days of the week, people can play more then other days. So they may want to do two or three matches in one day.

The battle limit will reduce the chance of clans signing up in the middle of the season and making it to the playoffs.

Last edited by LSJKratos on Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 9:06 pm

LSJKratos wrote:
One battle per day is the same as seven a week. lol. Not one per day because certain days of the week, people can play more then other days. So they may want to do two or three matches in one day.

The battle limit will reduce the chance of clans signing up in the middle of the season and making it to the playoffs.

Oh sorry, I mean that 7 per week is good. No to put one battle per day.
Back to top Go down
=]FEAR[=OL_DESTROYA*
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 am

Mandalore wrote:
I want to know when will be the time limit for register a clan for the BFC. In that way, it will prevent some random clans joining the BFC when we already started.

I suggest a limit of how many battles you can get per week. Example 7 per week. In this way, we will control the chances of all clans to get a high score.

Disagree on the time limit for signing up. As many times a clan that is registered get into arguments within itself and break into 2 clans. Then the the break off clan would sign up as well. If there is a time limit however, then activity lowers and those players disappear. Not to mention it would demote activity anyway, not promote it. Some clans take a little convincing to sign up see? ;P

And, just commenting on the battle limit.. The chances are there wont be 15 battles from one clan a week anyway, they might get 4. Maybe 5 max.. So it's semi-pointless to have a limit honestly.. ^.^'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DESTROYER090
Mandalore
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:33 pm

[One_Gun] wrote:
Mandalore wrote:

Disagree on the time limit for signing up. As many times a clan that is registered get into arguments within itself and break into 2 clans. Then the the break off clan would sign up as well. If there is a time limit however, then activity lowers and those players disappear. Not to mention it would demote activity anyway, not promote it. Some clans take a little convincing to sign up see? ;P

And, just commenting on the battle limit.. The chances are there wont be 15 battles from one clan a week anyway, they might get 4. Maybe 5 max.. So it's semi-pointless to have a limit honestly.. ^.^'

The main purpose for setting a deadline for signing up is to prevent a clan signing up late or in mid season. If a clan really wants to participate for BFC, the clan will sign up before the deadline. All sports tournaments/ladders have a deadline for signing up, why BFC no?

About the limit of battles per week is do able and it will improve the points system. It will more fair when all the teams have the same chance of earning the highest score reachable per week.

My point is to give all the teams the same chance of getting a score per week. A 7-10 battles limit per week sounds good for me.

If the point limit rule is approved, the signing deadline could be useless because is almost impossible to get a nice score when you are limited to do as max 10 battles per week. Also, the tournament have a date limit for the regular season because summer time is not eternal lol
Back to top Go down
=]FEAR[=OL_DESTROYA*
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:59 pm

Mandalore wrote:
[One_Gun] wrote:
Mandalore wrote:

The main purpose for setting a deadline for signing up is to prevent a clan signing up late or in mid season. If a clan really wants to participate for BFC, the clan will sign up before the deadline. All sports tournaments/ladders have a deadline for signing up, why BFC no?

About the limit of battles per week is do able and it will improve the points system. It will more fair when all the teams have the same chance of earning the highest score reachable per week.

My point is to give all the teams the same chance of getting a score per week. A 7-10 battles limit per week sounds good for me.

If the point limit rule is approved, the signing deadline could be useless because is almost impossible to get a nice score when you are limited to do as max 10 battles per week. Also, the tournament have a date limit for the regular season because summer time is not eternal lol

I completely understand that, but with past ladders there's always a clan that goes dead and is recreated under new names or under different leaders and they always re-sign up. The competitive side of things is for the serious clans doing battles nearly every day, but some clans are here JUST for the fun of it(knowing they can actually get battles for once). And if they were not allowed to sign up mid-way and participate, it would an activity killer. Most of the late sign ups know they wont reach the top. But they play anyway. Which is a good thing, not bad.

Oh I know, a score limit is fine! I was just saying, considering this is SWBF2 and not Gamebattles with 2000+ teams, it's just kind of pointless is all! Razz There can be a score limit, because chances are it'll never be reached! xD
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 am

[One_Gun] wrote:
Mandalore wrote:
[One_Gun] wrote:
Mandalore wrote:

I completely understand that, but with past ladders there's always a clan that goes dead and is recreated under new names or under different leaders and they always re-sign up. The competitive side of things is for the serious clans doing battles nearly every day, but some clans are here JUST for the fun of it(knowing they can actually get battles for once). And if they were not allowed to sign up mid-way and participate, it would an activity killer. Most of the late sign ups know they wont reach the top. But they play anyway. Which is a good thing, not bad.

Oh I know, a score limit is fine! I was just saying, considering this is SWBF2 and not Gamebattles with 2000+ teams, it's just kind of pointless is all! Razz There can be a score limit, because chances are it'll never be reached! xD

Good point about 'the activity killer' comment. I suggested the deadline to prevent new people to 'interrupt' the ladder. Also, the clan who wants to compete, it will sign up before this starts. Is not hard to sign a clan on this site and play. LoL For signing up a clan, it take a few mins to register on the site and fill up the app, not weeks or months XD

So lets put a limit of battles per week and I think that everything will be fair for all clans. I suggest a 10 battle limit per week. In dat way, no matter who join in mid season, all clans will have the same chance of getting the same high score per week.

What the other Staff members can say about this?
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:38 am

It's already tough to do seven battles in a week, let alone ten in a week. lol. I think seven is fine, however if it becomes a problem for some reason. Then we'll change it. Or what we could do is just get rid of the limit altogether.
Back to top Go down
CassusFett
Site Staff
Site Staff
CassusFett

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 10:53 pm

About late joining:

I think that people joining past (example) June 1st would have to go through voting of staff.

And it would have to be a 75% yes.
Back to top Go down
http://neocrusaders.webs.com
=]FEAR[=OL_DESTROYA*
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:01 am

CassusFett wrote:
About late joining:

I think that people joining past (example) June 1st would have to go through voting of staff.

And it would have to be a 75% yes.

Would just create more complications. Best to keep it simple. santa
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:46 am

LSJKratos wrote:
It's already tough to do seven battles in a week, let alone ten in a week. lol. I think seven is fine, however if it becomes a problem for some reason. Then we'll change it. Or what we could do is just get rid of the limit altogether.

Thanks for the consideration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: =Minor rules suggestions=   =Minor rules suggestions= Empty

Back to top Go down

=Minor rules suggestions=
Page 1 of 1