Star Wars Battlefront Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For SWBF2 players to Compete.

Portal*HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Eskkeettiiiiiiiiit
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 4:52 pm by {LSJ}$$PIMP$$

» We have Moved
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm by Mike

» {DL} Application
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm by {BOT}Fett_131

» FoF Looking for members
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 pm by starseeker

» ROR Christmas 3v3 death match tournament
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 am by PyroJockey

» Top 5 Trolls
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 pm by Machaon

» Fantasy Football?
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:47 pm by ScoUt

» Madden 12 league (Xbox 360)
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm by crapgamer

» PL4GUE's App
Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 am by PL4GUE

Sniper Doubles Rules

Go down 
+4
Mike
{LSJ}$$PIMP$$
-Draco-
{Delta}
8 posters
AuthorMessage
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

Sniper Doubles Rules Empty
PostSubject: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Want to take suggestions for rules. This is what it is looking like right now...

Basics

~No EU players (sorry the lag would be too great for a class that has lagshots already, nothing personal)
~Cash prize TBD (no amount known yet)
~Single or double elimination tournament (Likely single)
~1 match per week

Gameplay

~2v2
~Only sniper class
~Any weapon on sniper class allowed to be used
~No capturing bases, but first team to 30 deaths loses - then moves on to next map (Could see arguemnt for capturing CPs, discuss this)
~Best of 5 maps per match (could see argument for best of 3 based on possible length of battles, unless capturing CPs is allowed)
~Player names off
~No CTF maps
~All other BFC Rules apply

Last edited by {Delta} on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bfc.forumwise.com
-Draco-
-Draco-

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:27 pm

everything looks good, but how are you going to enforce player names off?

I will do it, but i can see CERTAIN players trying to find any loophole possible where cash and prestige is concerned...
Back to top Go down
{LSJ}$$PIMP$$

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 4:54 pm

I say the 2 teams have to capture bases in a certain order. This way they cant base hop for awards to win, and they still have to fight.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:26 pm

I think anything involving base capping would take way too long. Its only 2v2, so on the bigger maps somebody can always sneak by and use the sniper's fast speed to continuously take bases the whole time. I think that would be too back and forth, and it would take too long.

If we use first to 20 deaths/kills we should use CTF maps. That way, there will be no points gained from bases, and no interference with base hopping.
Back to top Go down
-Draco-
-Draco-

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:05 pm

Mike wrote:
I think anything involving base capping would take way too long. Its only 2v2, so on the bigger maps somebody can always sneak by and use the sniper's fast speed to continuously take bases the whole time. I think that would be too back and forth, and it would take too long.

If we use first to 20 deaths/kills we should use CTF maps. That way, there will be no points gained from bases, and no interference with base hopping.

im in total agreement here, and set the flag to two, because you cant mistakenly capture the flag...

however you can mistakenly touch the flag and that marks you for a while... thats the only downside i see.
Back to top Go down
{BOT}Fett_131
{BOT}Fett_131

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Well on maps like coruscant, you can have 2 flag CTF and limit the possibility of touching the flag, but I see what your saying.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

CTF allows for too much base camping. Player names off is easy to enforce. The server must be set player names off.
Back to top Go down
{LSJ}LAK
Site Staff
Site Staff
{LSJ}LAK

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:34 pm

Rya$$PIMP$$ wrote:
I say the 2 teams have to capture bases in a certain order. This way they cant base hop for awards to win, and they still have to fight.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 pm

{Delta} wrote:
CTF allows for too much base camping. Player names off is easy to enforce. The server must be set player names off.

What do you mean? How does CTF allow for more base camping than conquest without taking bases? Conquest without taking bases is basically the same spawn as CTF.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:12 pm

See Pimp's comment. Any white bases would be taken (but kept even - so in the case of odd number of bases, one base is left white). There is two spawns for CTF. Everyone conquest map has a minimum of two spawns and it is more spread out.
Back to top Go down
=]FEAR[=OL_DESTROYA*
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 4:45 pm

CTF would require a ref for every battle to be watching the admin to account for kills and keep track of it. It's best to just leave it on conquest so you can literally just keep track of the reinforcement count. Simplified. Wink Also 20 kills is too low. These are snipers playing, it's not going to be a slow battle. It's going to be 3 shots fired max, then a kill. And since it's 2 vs 2 it's going to fly by. Each map should be AT LEAST 30 kills or the battles wont even be worth it.

Just saying Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DESTROYER090
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm

So 30 deaths?
Back to top Go down
=]FEAR[=OL_DESTROYA*
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 5:17 pm

{Delta} wrote:
So 30 deaths?

Yes. Maybe higher. I'm going to get a few snipers to play a couple maps with me and we'll see how quickly they go by. My guess is fast. A sniper 1 vs 1 flies by pretty quickly. A 2 vs 2 would be even faster. But 30 seems like a good number yes Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DESTROYER090
Mike
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Alright if you guys say so. When I said do CTF I assumed we were going to keep score by someone watching the server manager, which will show deaths, you wouldn't actually need a ref in game but it could help. I just think it would be much easier to control CTF flag touching, than it is to control conquest base capping.

Also, I'm surprised you think it will go so fast, Destroya, some people can dodge 3 bullets. I think they will take pretty long, and with only two players, it could last awhile on the big maps. Oh and its not like I care how long it lasts, just saying, I'll play a match if it takes all day.

Yeah we could do a few practice ones and see what the times would be like. Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:02 am

Let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:53 am

Any further suggestions?
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:49 am

I think we got it. 30 kills sounds reasonable. If there are no more objections, then let's beginregistration.
Back to top Go down
Mike
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 2:54 pm

I think it should be 30 deaths not kills.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:28 pm

It is 30 deaths, Kratos misspoke.
Back to top Go down
{BOT}Fett_131
{BOT}Fett_131

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 8:31 pm

Lets get this started!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sniper Doubles Rules   Sniper Doubles Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Sniper Doubles Rules
Page 1 of 1