Star Wars Battlefront Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For SWBF2 players to Compete.

Portal*HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Eskkeettiiiiiiiiit
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 4:52 pm by {LSJ}$$PIMP$$

» We have Moved
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:44 pm by Mike

» {DL} Application
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:59 pm by {BOT}Fett_131

» FoF Looking for members
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:05 pm by starseeker

» ROR Christmas 3v3 death match tournament
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 am by PyroJockey

» Top 5 Trolls
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:29 pm by Machaon

» Fantasy Football?
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:47 pm by ScoUt

» Madden 12 league (Xbox 360)
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:44 pm by crapgamer

» PL4GUE's App
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 2:10 am by PL4GUE

This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)

Go down 
+8
BioStorm
{LSJ}LAK
Mike
{Delta}
-Draco-
{STR}AceRAlmighty
{MOC}DrkDragon
LSJKratos
12 posters
AuthorMessage
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) Empty
PostSubject: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:55 pm

Looking for ideas and opinions on this season's first tournament to go along with the ladders. For those who don't know, we usually host a tournament or two on the side of our open-challenge ladders.

To get the ball rolling, I'll give it a shot.
-Grunt tournament(Yes has been done twice before... but that's all the more reason to do it again. Its success shows that it's a great tourny.)
-All-CTF Tournament(This didn't work last year, but I always thought it'd be fun to do.)

Give me some feedback, and some ideas of your own. We probably won't start the tournament we come up with until late May or early June.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptySun May 08, 2011 3:38 pm

Hunt Tourny - Provides A Chance To Play The Maps That Are Almost Never Played And Have A New
Type Of Exp. I Think This Gen Of Players Will Have Fun With It.

I Would Like To See The Grunt Tournement Happen Again.
This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) Camera-rays-design-colourful
Back to top Go down
{MOC}DrkDragon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptySun May 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Im up for an all engy or all grunt tourney...

Hunt will be new but the teams are usually lopsided and are not fair on most maps...
Back to top Go down
{STR}AceRAlmighty
Site Staff
Site Staff
{STR}AceRAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:30 am

grunt tourney sounds great how about a sniper tourney as well? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
-Draco-
-Draco-

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:07 am

grunt tour sounds good.

here im my ideas:

All Sniper tournament on Kashyyyk, Utapau

All Engy tournament on Tantive IV,

All Rocket Tournament on Jabba's Palace

CL vs. Privates this would be a tournament where 5 clan CLs would join the same team and play against the 5 rookies from each clan, the privates for lack of a better term. that sounds like a good idea to me.

and of course the all star game.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:02 pm

A hunt tournament would be just like jedi. You play the map on one side, then switch sides and combine score to see who wins the map...
Back to top Go down
http://bfc.forumwise.com
{MOC}DrkDragon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:56 pm

In that case, I am up for a space/hunt tournament Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mike
Mike

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:13 pm

Hey Delta, what about this?

http://www.joinfear.forumwise.com/joinfear-thread218.html

You posted it on a few different sites, and a lot of people seemed interested.
Back to top Go down
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 3:36 pm

Mike wrote:
Hey Delta, what about this?

http://www.joinfear.forumwise.com/joinfear-thread218.html

You posted it on a few different sites, and a lot of people seemed interested.

Trigger, who was the one who was going to fund the tournament, disappeared.
Back to top Go down
{LSJ}LAK
Site Staff
Site Staff
{LSJ}LAK

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 7:19 pm

<3 Grunt <3 - It always works really well...most tournments fail, but not the <3 Grunt tournys!! <3

Engy - I think it would work pretty well actually.

CTF - This would be fun, it's something pretty standard, but different.

Fuck hunt, space, & jedi. Jedi would just be a rape fest for LSJ..Space would be retarded I mean who gives a fuck if you win a space tourny? Same with hunt..theres no pride or bragging rights if you win lol.
Back to top Go down
BioStorm

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:20 pm

hunt would be pretty lame. i'm thinkin.. 4v4 CS (1grunt, 1snipes, 1rocket, 1engy). stick with the basics. but that might be too basic, so maybe, a grunt tourny.
Back to top Go down
{LSJ}$$PIMP$$

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Grunt tourney.

Back to top Go down
{FoF}CL_ToaGuy
Site Staff
Site Staff
{FoF}CL_ToaGuy

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 10:47 pm

I hate CTF unless on public servers, because anyone can get Damage Increase Easily.
Back to top Go down
Mandalore
Mandalore

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 5:53 am

I agree with a class specific tourney. The last year grunt tourney was fun. It could be fair to do the class specific tourney in one map instead of different maps. Example: Do grunts vs grunts using Polis Massa.

A sniper tourney could be fun . The only cons about this mode is that big maps are more for camping than playing normally. I suggest a medium sized map for making this.

The rocket tourney will be the equivalent of playing in a public server. lol!

About space tourney, the only clan as far I know that played Space as part of their battle maps was JSA and they are retired from BF2. I do not think that we can do a space tourney because the most of players do not like space battles.

Hunt? Wampas vs Rebels is the most fun hunt mode in my opinion but Hunt mode is very unbalanced. Hunt mode is more a bonus game than a main game mode.
Back to top Go down
{Delta}
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 12:06 pm

My personal choice would still be a 2v2 user names off sniper death match. However, I know that isn't the most popular if no money is involved. That was more of us old schoolers (Stratto, Trigger, and I all have mentioned doing something like it).

Last edited by {Delta} on Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bfc.forumwise.com
=]FEAR[=OL_DESTROYA*
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:45 pm

I'm saying Engineer or Grunt tournament. The grunt tournament being set up like last years. The engineer tournament would be very interesting I think.. O.O It would push a lot of players to their limits..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DESTROYER090
LSJKratos
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyTue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

4v4 cs's are what the ladders are for to be honest.

The tournaments are to offer something a bit different that you don't usually get on the regular ladders, but not so different that it can't be taken seriously.

Back to top Go down
-Draco-
-Draco-

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyWed May 11, 2011 6:36 pm

i was looking at kratos's sig and his prior credentials in the bfc, etc. and i noticed mortar...
how about a mortar tourny? nooby i know but it would provide some fun play. and while im at it how about a recon war? recons only match, you take out the enemys recons as many times as possi-.... nevermind, my head almost exploded from the noobiness of such a thing.
Back to top Go down
{FoF}CL_ToaGuy
Site Staff
Site Staff
{FoF}CL_ToaGuy

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) EmptyWed May 11, 2011 11:07 pm

{MNC}-Draco- wrote:
i was looking at kratos's sig and his prior credentials in the bfc, etc. and i noticed mortar...
how about a mortar tourny? nooby i know but it would provide some fun play. and while im at it how about a recon war? recons only match, you take out the enemys recons as many times as possi-.... nevermind, my head almost exploded from the noobiness of such a thing.
cheers cheers cheers cheers I love mortar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)   This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback) Empty

Back to top Go down

This season's first tournament(Need ideas and feedback)
Page 1 of 1